March 25, 2011

The Long End of the Skirt

Hi all! With Spring just arrived and Summer just around the corner, it's hard not to get excited at the prospect of shedding our jeans and thick leggings for something a bit lighter. Wearing maxi skirts is a great alternative while waiting to break out the mini's. 

Wearing a thick sweater over a soft, maxi skirt is a nice contrast between fabrics and way to ward off the chilly spring air.
These chiffon, pleated skirts are designed by Juliette Hogan.

Floral patterns are a perfect way to include a springy theme.

With summer approaching soon, we can pair these light maxi's with loose tanks.

It won't be long before we can break out mini skirts, but for now let's enjoy these lovely, long ones too!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ah long skirts how I long to wear thee. XD I need to find some good wedges though, I'm a bit of a short pear, so I need the extra height lol

    Love the chiffon <3

    -Anna
    P.S. SPAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I took the risk and bought a long dress! (not necessarily a long skirt but close enough for me lol) It's a spaghetti-strap made completely with white linen. X3 I wore it this Saturday to the Farmer's Market, and a little girl stopped to tug at her mom's hand. Her mom told me "She really likes your dress." I was all smiles the rest of the day! I love how it blows in the wind X3 Makes me feel like a princess XD... Whee!!!!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete