September 1, 2011

A Pop of Yellow

{Floral Bib-Necklace from Anthropologie. Hidden in this bouquet of sorts is a yellow bud!}
Sifting through the clothes in my closet, I found that I don't have anything yellow. I realized that, though I'm very attracted to the color, I've never really appreciated how it looked on me as a whole. However, having a lovely emerald green dress as a first piece and following it up with accessories that do have yellow in them, allows for the color to pop and be noticeable. I can now have my color and like it too!
{A lovely rich color of emerald-green goes very well with yellow.}
{This exact yellow is my favorite. A rich shade also and almost gold looking.}
{A casual clutch for this overall look but I like the pop of yellow and the two shades of green.}
{Playing with yellow as a second or third piece, like this sweater, is just as fun.}
Finding the right shade is important as well and once I find the one that suits me best, I'll wear the color more often! Try this type of styling with any color you feel unsure of! 

xoxo

Images via Goldenmeans, Anthropologie and Etsy

1 comment:

  1. I really like the color orange, but I've never ventured to wear it either. If I can find something, I'll definitely try to wear it to pop :) (Like an accessory of something X3) If it ends up not being so great, I can just take it off XD;

    Thanks!
    Anna =D

    ReplyDelete