January 6, 2011

It's an Investment

Hi all. In addition to my previous posted resolutions, I intend to keep better track of my finances and not spend so much; hard to do I know. If you share my dilemma, you're probably like me in buying everything you like on the spot without even thinking about it. We buy things that don't fit quite right and things we hope to alter for later but never do. Even going through the bargain racks is a horrible habit of mine as I buy multiple things I don't need just because it's on sale. 

I've come to find however, that it's better to buy something that is of good quality even though it's a bit expensive. It's an investment that will last longer and be able to mix and match with other basic pieces.
That way you get more bang for your buck and don't spend as much on other frivolous items!

Here are a few things I plan to invest in this year, what are yours?

A classic trench coat like the one Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere has.
1 or 2 bags that are simple yet elegant looking such as this one found at The Sartorialist
2 pairs of wide leg, jean trousers. Love these from Cupcakes and Cashmere
At least 3 pairs of heels. Believe it or not, I don't own any!

I think that's plenty for this year alone. I can't wait to find them and show them to you when I do!
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hummm....good question Diana! I plan to invest in a leather jacket - long or short - hopefully both. Prob a bag too - tote style, leather, something that will last the test of time:). I also thought about about fabrics more so than specific items - who doesnt love the silks and cashmeres?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana! Good choices for investments. Have you found anything yet? :)

    As for me, I actually plan to spend less. I already invested in 7 different sweaters and went a little overboard when I realized I had to pack an extra suitcase to fly.

    I did however, find an amazingly cute bag that I happily spent 25$ish on <3 which brings me to agree with your sentiment. I also learning how to invest in key pieces =)

    <3's

    ReplyDelete