November 8, 2010

Color Me Whimsical

Hi Everyone. I almost didn't get to post anything today and it's only the first day of my challenge! 
But I made it so it's a start at least.

I have to tell you all though, yesterday I met with Donna Fujii, Color Consultant extraordinaire, and had a color analysis done for myself.

I have been studying Image Consulting for a couple of years now but have never had the chance to play with any colors in my wardrobe. I just picked, bought or threw on anything that had a nice silhouette- completely disregarding colors. But now that I've had my analysis done, I'm all too excited to start sifting through colorful clothing that will add to my look!

While chatting with Donna, you will first be shown which colors you should avoid completely, along with prints, metals and even hair colors. But after that, you get down to the fun part as she shows you which ones go well with your complexion; you are even provided with your own personalized color fan to use after the consultation.

Here are just a few examples of colors that I thought I could never get away with wearing but am so thrilled to find out that I can:

Golden Yellows.
Bright Fuschia Pinks.
Red-Orange. 
Deep Sapphire Blues.
And Brown. Dark, rich Browns!

I also recommend Donna's book Color with Style, to help you get stared with finding your true skin tone and which colors suit you the best. I hope everyone gets a chance to meet with her and use her services of color consulting, accessory ideas and even make up tips.
Enjoy, xoxo 


(Images via Karla's Closet and Sea of Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment